Monday, October 15, 2012

Soup's On!!

I made a delicious pretzel bread this weekend Pretzel Bread As much as I love making bread just to make bread, I made this to go with some homemade soup. Not much better than homemade soup and homemade bread for dinner..yumyum.  The other day I was at Trader Joe's and they were giving out samples of minestrone soup. It was good and that made me start craving it. I found this recipe that needed a face so I made this yesterday Sue's Minestrone



I used uber lean ground beef, turkey bacon and left out the oil. I reduced the meat and bacon to half what the recipe called for, sauteed it first and then dumped it all in the crockpot, except the noodles and frozen veggies. Cooked for like 4 hours, added veggies and cooked for another hour. Added the noodles to each serving tonight and used Fiber Gourmet super high fiber noodles. Only thing this needed was a cold rainy night   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment