Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pillsbury assignments

For October, I had three assignments with Pillsbury crescent rolls.  There were the three I chose:

Breakfast Quiches to Go  I used regular crescents, fat free cream cheese, reduced fat Mexican cheese and added Canadian Bacon. They tasted pretty good, but I found I was still hungry after eating them. They needed more egg in my opinion if they were going to be served for breakfast. If they were served in mini muffin tins as an appy, they were just fine

Breakfast
The second one I made took me back to my childhood Crescent Dogs I can remember my Mom making these and can remember them from the school cafeteria. I used 45 calorie Hebrew National dogs, rolled a piece of turkey bacon around it, cooked it up in a pan to cook the bacon, rolled it in the crescent dough and used laughing cow blue cheese. Yes it was very salty, but I liked it as a trip  down memory lane.

The third and final one I made was on the sweet end of things Chocolate-Filled Crescents I used super dark chocolate, rolled the crescent dough in ground up black almonds and topped with sea salt. I touch of powdered sugar would have been good but I forgot it.  I liked  these better cold than hot.



I also made a faceless recipe for dinner.. really good and the best thing all weekend .  Chicken Ropa Vieja  I cooked this in the crockpot, then finished on the stove... used more tomato puree, more cumin and lots of S&P. Served with white rice and baked plantain chips



So this is what I did over the weekend

I am an Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador (a voluntary position) and I’m not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com.

Products received from advertiser are only used for experienced-based reviews on AR Foodie Files The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are purely the sole opinions of LindaT. This blog was written in support of Pillsbury and their  Pillsbury Crescent Roll Products."

No comments:

Post a Comment