Saturday, September 29, 2012

Progresso - Love affair or not?

Another product I got to try in September was Progresso Recipe Starters . We were sent one of each flavor: Creamy Parmesan Basil,  Creamy Portabella Mushroom, Creamy Roasted Garlic,  Creamy Three Cheese and Fire Roasted Tomato.

The first recipe I made was Twice-Baked Potato Pizza

Pizzaaaaaa!!
I enjoyed this. Different from usual pizza, but I really don't think the sauce itself added much to the dish with all the other flavors.

The next one I made was Crispy Garlic-Parmesan Chicken


The sauce was tasty but I did broil the chicken a few minutes to get browned...looked a bit anemic before that.

Next was Easy Weeknight Bacon Mac 'n Cheese


This one was good.   I did healthi-fy this one up using laughing cow cheese, turkey bacon... etc. I hadn't had Mac and Cheese in years so this was a treat

Next was Cheesy Egg Breakfast Tacos


I made this recipe twice... once with the cheese sauce and once without. The cheese sauce is so bland, I really didn't notice it missing so while the recipe itself is good, the recipe with the sauce.. not so much.


Then I made this one -Progresso® Creamy Chicken Piccata


This one was a pleasant surprise. I really liked this one a lot and this one I'll make again. The lemon was delightful.


I have some leftover basil sauce that I put in the freezer so I'm going to go give this one a whirl  Basil-Chicken Thai Noodles  No one has made it so I'll be the guinea pig!  Here it is


This recipe, as it is written needs work... not enough lime, not enough soy sauce and no heat! It's a bunch of peanut butter and chicken flavored noodles. I added carrots, snow peas, red peppers, more lime and more soy and it was MUCH better.

So my verdict on the sauces - some are usable, some add nothing.  The recipes - all of them needed tweaking


I am an Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador (a voluntary position) and I’m not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com.

Products received from advertiser are only used for experienced-based reviews on AR Foodie Files The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are purely the sole opinions of LindaT. This blog was written in support of  Progresso and their Progresso Recipe Starter Products."

No comments:

Post a Comment