Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Taco Triumvirate


Tacos.... just the word brings back memories of dinners when I was a kid. Taco night was always a fun night at my house. Mom made tacos, rice and beans . always using the free Lawry's seasoning mixes we got from a friend who worked for them. Tacos were fun to make, fun to eat and I cannot ever remember anyone being in a bad mood on taco night. Even now when I have tacos, it make me smile... go figure.  Even my cat likes them

OK so this isn't really her but she likes them too
One of the neat things I get to do as a Brand Ambassador for Allrecipes is try some really delicious products. Not all are wonderful, but there have been some terrific finds. A month ago we got a chance to try bison from The Bison Council I had always wanted to try it and was excited to get the chance. I really wanted to try the ground bison but I got to the recipe list too late to get one of those recipes. 

The other day I was at the store and saw ground bison... on sale!  Oh boy I grabbed a package right away and came home to think about what I could make with it. I thought about some of the other brands we had gotten to work with that I had really liked and decided to try matching some of these brands up into a yummy meal.

So here is what I started with
Bison, Herdez and Sargento
I loved the Herdez Cooking Sauces when we tried them several months ago and also loved Sargento Cheese so Bison tacos wasn't a stretch at all.

I crumbled the bison up in a skillet, sauted until brown, added about half a jar of the Herdez Guajillo Cooking Sauce and let it simmer about 10 minutes. I used La Tortilla Factory hi fiber tortillas, shredded lettuce, tomatoes... and instead of sour cream I used greek yogurt.  A truly yummy satisfying dinner..

Gone.. very quickly!
I think these brands need to discuss a partnership because my dinner was awesome. I'll use all of the products again.. and make these tacos often.



1 comment:

  1. Yum! Taco nights are a favorite around here. lol if we go too long without one my husband gets grumpy :-)

    ReplyDelete