Sunday, October 21, 2012

My first Karo Assignment and the third one for Fleischmann

Busy busy cooking day today. I had planned  to get more done yesterday but my one and only recipe made on Saturday was such a freaking MESS, it is all I had time for. So I decided I'd make the Karo Spooky Homemade Marshmallows for one of my monthly assignments. Oh this should be fun, I thought. I've never made marshmallows before. Well, there is a reason I've never made them before and never will again. They are a giant pain in the toucas!! I blame myself though, not the recipe.  First problem, I tried to something "fancy" with them and Two, I don't have the right equipment to make these.  You really need a workhorse of a Kitchen Aide mixer or something similar as the  mixture has to be beaten for 10 minutes. I kept having to turn of my cheapo mixer because it was overheating and only could get to 6 minutes of beating time before my mixer was laboring so much I knew I had to stop. And as far as the fancy, well stupid me thought it would be "cute " to put this into molds

Skulls - better than the pumpkins


One of those is a pumpkin.. squint and you can tell

Well first off it was a pain in the ass to get the mixture into the holes and then a pain in the ass to get it out without smashing the shapes. Homemade marshmallows are softer than store bought. I was so annoyed and covered with marshmallow fluffiness, I saved the rest of my cooking for today. So today I started out with my third Fleischmann's assignment Easy Italian Herb Focaccia. It was supremely easy and really good. For my taste, I'd add a tad more salt to the dough... but I am a salt fiend

Can you almost smell it?

I am an Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador (a voluntary position) and I’m not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com.

Products received from advertiser are only used for experienced-based reviews on AR Foodie Files The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are purely the sole opinions of LindaT. This blog was written in support of Karo and Fleischmann." 
Dinner tonight is Banh Mi Burgers and Roasted Tomato Curry Soup Been wanting to try the burgers for a while. Finally remembered to pick up some super lean ground pork, 140 calories a serving and yummy.


No comments:

Post a Comment